Fitting a Balustrade: Infinity Easy Install Guide
We’re back again with another Easy Install Guide, this time around we’ll show how simple it is to fit the Infinity glass balustrade system.
Whilst this is possibly our easiest system to install we do recommend having help to lift the glass panels for safety.
This guide can also be found in our brochures available for download here>
Items supplied: Base plate gasket, Screws, Wall Track, Infinity Posts, Glass Panels.
Items needed: Impact Driver, Spanner.
These methods have been used by many SHS customers but may not be suitable for your installation
WOOD – Drill 6mm pilot hole, use M8 x 100mm stainless steel coach screws.
METAL – Drill and tap M8 x 50 stainless steel bolts with locking washers
BRICK/CONCRETE– Using an impact driver use the supplied M8 x 100mm Thunder Bolts. Alternatively use a spanner to fix the anchor bolts through the baseplate.
Step 1: Fitting your wall track
• Decide where the wall track will go, take steps to ensure there is adequate blocking to support the load requirements.
• Fix track to wall with the fixtures supplied
• Insert the setting block into the wall track
• Save the glass insert and glass wedge as these will be placed on top as you insert the glass panel to lock the glass in place.
Step 2: Installing your posts
- Determine where you’ll be placing your posts, specified in your design.
(NOTE: you may need to switch the vinyl in the tracks of the end
posts to change a right to a left)
- Install posts using the fasteners specific to the surface you are fixing to as detailed above.
(Ensure fasteners are going into adequate blocking and far enough from the edge of the surface you are fitting to)
- Repeat this process for every post.
Step 3: Installing your glass
• Insert setting block (bunge) into the bottom of the glass track.
• Fit the glass inserts onto the sides of the glass panel. Slide these into your posts.
• Push the glass wedge into the track with another setting block and a rubber mallet to lock the glass into place.
• Repeat this process for every glass panel.
Your Balustrade should now be complete!
If you have any questions regarding installation please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly customer advisors, who are more than happy to assist you.