Welcome back to the SHS blog, in this edition we will look at how to install our Stainless Steel Handrails. They are sturdy and very fashionable. We offer 3 different types of handrail end cap at SHS Products, we have; the tapered end cap, the domed end cap and the flat end cap. Installation for all 3 handrails remains the same. However, the process is different depending on which brackets you use.
No Hole Bracket
The no-hole bracket can sometimes be complicated because there is no visible way of attaching your handrail to the wall, however; if you follow these simple steps, it’s very easy.
- First you will need to fix the brackets to the handrail with the screws provided.
- Then you will need one or two partners to hold the handrail in the desired position as you draw around the brackets.
- You will then need to un-attach the brackets from the handrail.
- Once you’ve done this, you will need to remove the holding screws from the brackets using an Allen Key.
- Hold the bracket in place and mark on the wall your center holes.
- Drill the center holes and put rawl plugs into the 3 holes.
- Then use the double ended screws to connect the support to the bracket.
- Finally attach the brackets to the wall and reconnect the handrail to the brackets.
Three Hole Bracket
The three hole bracket is much more straightforward, compared to the no hole bracket, as you only have to attach the brackets once.
- First, you will need to fix the brackets to your handrail with the screws provided.
- Then, you will again need one or two partners to hold your handrail in the desired position while you mark the holes for the screws.
- You then need to drill the holes with an 8mm drill bit and place the rawl plugs provided into the holes for the screws.
- Finally, fix the handrails in place with the screws provided and you’re done.
If you have any queries or questions regarding this process or our Stainless Steel Handrails, don’t hesitate to call a member of our team today! Or check out our YouTube Channel for more installation videos.