Top Tips To Picking a Balustrade
Picking a balustrade can be a detailed process, with so many details to consider you must be certain that the investment and design is perfect. So, to help our wonderful customers out we’ve created a “top tips” list covering all elements to consider when picking your balustrade (domestic or commercial).
Domestic and Commercial;
- Take into consideration your environment; there are so many systems to choose from, consider what will suit your surroundings best.
- Make the most of beautiful views with minimalistic balustrade systems; less is more. A simple, yet elegant balustrade might be what visually suits your surroundings best, this is always something to consider.
- Research your options, we have 11 systems to offer; research, research, research!
- Planning! Always plan. Use as many pictures as you can, make a scrap book if you must. Use pictures to illustrate your ideal balustrade. Pictures of the space within your home or office of where the balustrade will be going. All of these images will help you and your balustrade manufacturer in the long run.
- Make a design. Incorporating both function and style, both of which can transform an otherwise necessary safety feature into a stunning architectural statement.
- Safety First! A Palisade balustrade might look the most appealing, but is it the safest option for the surrounding areas? (Ask for professional advice from our customer advisors, they will always be more than willing to help you).
- Maintenance and durability; is the balustrade you are picking easily maintained (all SHS products are) and does this match your geographical location.
- Exterior or interior; will your balustrade be outdoors or indoors? This will change the advice you are given and which balustrade is most suitable for you.
- What material will you be fixing the balustrade into? This question will ALWAYS be asked when you are purchasing a balustrade. It can change the balustrades that are accessible to you, and it is extremely important when regarding safety.
- Have a budget in mind before you begin; make it easier for you and the seller, systems can range from hundreds to thousands
- Look out for company credentials (the British Stainless Steel Association, IOS 9001, The Guild of master craftsmen)
- Manufacturing; check quality and mention of any test certificates.
- Pick the right company; is the customer support team dedicated? Do you feel at ease as soon as you enquire? It’s an investment, so you should always feel comfortable when purchasing, especially from SHS products. At SHS we provide support before, during and after purchase.
- Visit a reputable supplier with product knowledge; the comfort in knowing your supplier is providing you with the best and most up to date knowledge is one of the many perks of purchasing with SHS.